Paint Your Soul
Applications Open for Savitri Painting 4.0 | 15 Aug - 30 Sep, 2021
Savitri Painting is a method to move inward into greater depths of your being through art, music and poetry. It is a means of sensing your soul movements and expressing them through painting. This is an opportunity to learn to see the unfolding of your soulscape and further refining your aesthetic sense.
Founder & Core Facilitator
Divyanshi is an Aurovilian & an executive of Auroville Campus Initiative and Purnam Institute of Integrality. She developed the process of Savitri Painting during the Covid 19 Lockdown and pioneered the first 12-week Savitri Painting journey. She feels Savitri is a Force of Transformation, and by combining reading Savitri with painting and music, one accelerates its natural process of Transformation.
I received quotes and paintings that touched the essence of questions that I have been holding for more than 6 years.. how can I be a better instrument and what should I do?
With every circle I painted, a new infinity, a new layer, a new colour emerged..
Felt like a light has touched my life..
I found my Divine: Universe and Nature through the process of Savitri painting and observing the whole journey end to end..
My journey began with a jumping vital and through Savitri painting, silence became a part of me and became the biggest opening..
I felt calmer, centred and more grounded. I felt like a process of evolution was happening..felt an opening within... felt like coming in touch with truth
Through Savitri Painting, I received messages about my current position and journey in life. I was able to hold infinity and receive in silence, in complete stillness within..
Why Savitri Painting?
Savitri is one of Sri Aurobindo's longest poems, over 24000 lines long. Sri Aurobindo is a ground-breaking sage and poet in the Indian spiritual history. He called Savitri the "mantra for the transformation of the world." By combining the most powerful poetry with painting and music, one finds a potent means for the education of the soul. Poetry raises the emotions and painting stills the emotions. Poetry and painting together brings a still dynamism in the being. And when this poetry is the luminous words of Savitri, it has a transformative power for those who can receive.
What is the Savitri Painting course?
This is a 6 week online intense course wherein you will paint lines from the classic poem Savitri, and learn how to use this process for inner growth and discovery of the soul.
In this course, people from all over India and the world join from their respective homes to rejoice in coloured radiances, open a new realm within by connecting to the luminous words of Savitri and discover their inmost self.
What will we learn?
• How to dive deeper into "colours" to find ourselves
• Painting as a meditative practice, a practice for self-development
• How to read Savitri in the most beneficial and transformative way
• How to paint using your inner senses and in the process refine senses, develop aesthetic power and beauty
• Power of collective aspiration and practice
• Use flowers and their vibrations for self-discovery,
• Using Savitri to discover your radiant soul and follow its movements
• Receive a painting visually and through other inner senses
Post course, you will be a part of lifelong community of sadhaks who use painting as a tool for growing into the soul, as well as its living presence and guidance to master, change and transform one's life.
What is the Timetable?
How many people will participate in one course? What is the participant to facilitator ratio?
Each cohort will have 12 participants. We will have 2 cohorts simultaneously running. Each cohort will have 4 facilitators. We will have 24 participants and 8 facilitators, and space for individual guidance.
How much time will I need to commit every week?
9 hrs [4.5 hrs during sessions and 4.5 hrs of personal practice during the week]
1. 15 - 30 minutes of individual practice every day at a time convenient to you.
2. 45 minutes - 1 hour of time commitment towards the Sangha calls or practice in pairs every week at a time convenient to you.
3. 1.5 hours for participation in Sharing Circle every week.
4. 3 hours for participation in the Sunday Collective Practice.
Who can participate?
- An open heart and soul aspiring to discover oneself
- A familiarity with Savitri and/or Sri Aurobindo's works
- A willingness to commit to participating in all sessions, weekly tasks as well as practice-in-pairs
- Very comfortable with the English language
- A comfort with using Zoom, Google album, Google drive.
- Not to travel during the sessions. Take the sessions from laptop in a quiet space, with a good internet connection.
What are the materials required?
A physical copy of Savitri. Preferably “Savitri: A Legend and a Symbol Paperback – Crown Size 2009 Edition”
Watercolours, watercolour paper & brush. If you do not have, buy Brustro Artists' Watercolour. It is highly recommended, not compulsory. If not possible, pick any set of colours and paper.
A new journal/diary and a pencil
Diya/Agarbatti, for every collective painting session.
Can I apply even if I am not an artist?
Absolutely, most certainly. The process is not focusing on "skill" at all in fact. If you are an artist, you are welcome. If you are not an artist, you are welcome.
How much is the Contribution for the Course?
Developing Countries: Rs. 7000 (inclusive of GST)
Developed Countries: Rs. 12000 (inclusive of GST)
In case of cancellation, for any reason, anytime 4 or more weeks before the course begins, 80% of the fee would be refunded, after deducting the administrative charges.
In case of cancellation, for any reason, 2-4 weeks before the course begins, 50% of the fee would be refunded.
In case of cancellation, for any reason, 2 weeks before the course or after the course begins, there shall be no refund.
How can I apply?
Please fill the application form: https://forms.gle/hA8Jkn9wHHGoUgGp6
Since we have limited seats, registration is on first-come-first basis.
In case I have any questions, whom do I contact?